In the Terms and Conditions below the following terms have the following meanings:
“The Company” refers to Colourboard Designs Ltd trading as Luxplan
“Client” means any person or company placing a verbal or written order for any goods or services with the Company
“Services” means the Lighting Design services to be provided by the Company to you.
- The Lighting Design Service includes marking up architectural plans submitted by the Client on which will be shown the positioning of light fittings and recommended circuits; it does not include the switching plan or any additional electrical wiring for the property. Also included is a full specification detailing one initial set of suggested architectural light fittings and the approximate market cost.
- The Lighting Design order shall commence upon written confirmation of the order and initial payment of 50% of design fees at which point the Client enters into a contract with the Company to include the following terms.
- Once the Design Service is completed the Client will be advised by the Company and the plan and specification will be emailed to the client. This will be accompanied by the invoice for the remaining 50% of the design fee which should be paid immediately. This payment is not dependent on changes being made to the plans and specification although changes are included within two weeks of submission. Please see clause 5.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the correct up-to-date plans are submitted to the Company. In the event that the incorrect plans are used in the Lighting Design scheme a charge will be made should the Client wish these to be revised.
- Any alterations to the lighting design and specification requested by the Client should be submitted by the Client to the Company within two weeks of submission of the Lighting Design Scheme. These will be carried out once only free of charge provided the structure and use of the building remains the same. Any further changes above and beyond this time, or involving changes to the structure or use of the building (other than details supplied at the commencement of work) will be charged at our hourly rate (minimum half one hour).
- Any light fittings or products that are specified within the Lighting Design Service are not included and are for information purposes only. There is no obligation on the part of the Client to purchase the items specified.
- All Lighting Design schemes are the aesthetic and artistic recommendations of the Company and upon commencement of the contract the Client grants the Company artistic licence without redress.
- It is the responsibility of the Client’s electrician to ensure that all recommended Goods are suitable for purpose and it is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that this is confirmed prior to ordering any Goods from whosoever they choose. The Company will take no responsibility for Goods ordered that are not deemed to be fit for purpose.
- The Company is not liable in any way for any Health or Safety issues in relation to placement or use of suggested light fittings; this is the responsibility of the Client.
- The Company may provide names of other suppliers of goods or services “Third Party Suppliers”. In providing such names, the Company is not making any recommendation or representation regarding the fitness of the Third Party Suppliers to supply the relevant goods or services. It is the Client’s responsibility to be satisfied as to the fitness of such Third Party Suppliers before entering into a contract with them directly and any contract would be between the Client and Third Party Supplier directly. Consequently the Company shall not be liable for any mis-performance or negligent performance by Third Party Suppliers of any contract between themselves.
- The Company will endeavour to submit the full Lighting Design Specification and marked up drawings within 14 days from confirmation of commencement of the contract.
- If, for whatever reason, a delay is anticipated by the Company the Client will be notified and an alternative date specified. If this in unacceptable to the Client a full refund will be given and the lighting design service may be deemed as cancelled.
Law and Jurisdiction
English Law shall apply to the Contract, and the parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Our website www.luxplan.co.uk is operated by Colourboard Designs Ltd trading as Luxplan. Colourboard Designs Ltd also trades as Illumina Lighting.
Our company registration number is 03951960
Our contact details are as follows:
30 Ferris Town, Truro TR1 3JJ
Tel. 01872 863217