Usually I will have a phone conversation with clients before things progress to this stage but hopefully this will give you an idea of how things move forward.
- Send your plans and elevations by email and I will quote for carrying out the work.
- Ideally we should have a telephone conversation or a Zoom call to go through further details so that I can get a full understanding of the project, your lifestyle and design aspirations.
- If you decide to go ahead I will confirm the order and then invoice you for 50% of the design fee
- Designs are usually carried out within two weeks of full submission and the initial payment but if any delay is anticipated I will let you know before confirming the order.
- When I submit the full plans and specification I will also send an invoice for the balance which is due on return.
- If you would like to make any changes these are included in the fees within approx 2 weeks of submission.
What do I get?
I will supply you with the following:
- Marked up plan with key for symbols
- Illustrated sheet showing proposed light fittings together with symbols
- Spreadsheet detailing circuits and products on each circuit
- Links to lighting suppliers and other websites for sourcing of feature fittings
- Product specification sheets or links to product details if not available
What do I need to supply?
It will help me to have the following information before I start:
- Full architectural plans, elevations and cross-sections if available
- Kitchen layout if available
- Bathroom layouts if available
- Use of rooms
- Positions of Furniture (not essential but very useful)
- Any specific design style or products to be incorporated
- Any other relevant information that you think may help with the design
If you don’t yet know the layout of the rooms I am happy to help with suggested positions but this will only be a suggestion and it would be helpful if you could approve this layout before I start doing the design.
Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information